If you are thinking about switching from whole group math instruction to a guided math workshop format, here are some more reasons why you should!
1. You are able to support each student at their level of mathematical understanding. This is within their individual activities and in your small group teaching.
2. You are able to teach more directly, and maintain attention, in a small group format.
3. Students engage each day in meaningful learning at their level.
4. Activities can be tailored to each student's needs and learning style.
5. You are able to provide feedback immediately to students on their understanding and work during conferencing.
6. You are able to incorporate each of the standards for mathematical practice in your math block - easily!
7. You will have time for the 'fun' stuff - games, manipulatives, etc. that are so hard to find time for whole group.
7. Your students will be excited about math!
8. It's not as much work and prep as you might be envisioning!
9. You will be able to speak easily to each student's performance in math.
10. You can do it!!! :)
We're glad you're here!
Rescue your math class with ZONES:
How can we help?